20,000 gallon reef aquarium

FarmerTy

It's no longer a hobby when someone else is running your tank. It becomes a piece of furniture and another bill that has to be paid. The joy of the hobby is in the building of the system and the satisfaction success brings. Mansions aren't sold because they become a little dirty, but tanks are abandoned every day as the hobbyist loses the fight with any number of pests or outside factors. There are many different kinds of slavery and many of them we enter into willingly.

Fair enough, but when I win the lottery, I'm getting a big ole tank and paying someone else to take care of all the things I don't want to. Probably not 20k gal, but more like 600.
When I win the lottery, I'm buying an island located on an atoll. Forget the tank, I'm going straight to the source. No maintenance required though my chances of getting eaten by a shark went up just a smidge.

I can see it now...anytime someone mentions Ty in a conversation they'll refer to him as "You know what shark bait did to his system the other day?"

Watched the entire thing. I do wish there was a little more behind the scenes footage but the tank is so amazing that it would be hard from a production standpoint to focus on much else. Based on the incredible amount of maintenance I'd much rather visit one of these tanks than have one of my own. You'd never be able to leave this thing for more than a few days unless you invested heavily into automating it.

Here's an article on reefbuilders that links to other articles detailing other parts of the system if you want to nerd out on it. [emoji4]

Yeah, nothing like putting a magnifica in my pocket. I can explain the rash honey! Was that too much? [emoji23]

Would definitely be difficult to explain considering half the anemone would likely still be stuck to your arm. TSA would be a trick as well.

When I was managing a fish store in 2002 we had fish mysteriously disappear every weekend. The owner installed some cameras and discovered that customers were coming in with ziplock bags in their pockets. When someone wasn't looking they would scoop up some fish and drop them in their pockets, pre-filled with water. People are awful and will do anything that they think they can get away with. I mean except Tim Tebow. Somebody give that boy a job!

When I was managing a fish store in 2002 we had fish mysteriously disappear every weekend. The owner installed some cameras and discovered that customers were coming in with ziplock bags in their pockets. When someone wasn't looking they would scoop up some fish and drop them in their pockets, pre-filled with water. People are awful and will do anything that they think they can get away with. I mean except Tim Tebow. Somebody give that boy a job!

At least it wasn't those phycho people who dump bleach powder or something else that I've seen on a few security videos.

Archived