150gal Tall Built in Build

ShawnM

Well ever since I added the leopard wrasse I had one of my anthias never come out from where he sleeps. Today he has come out I haven’t seen him eat in almost a week and now he is up against the front of the glass in the corner doesn’t appear to be breathing heavy. But it does appear like he has gone blind when he does swim he swims into things. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before
d8dc089c9fe953bf39817c702deeb85c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well he finally died today I am just glad he did it where I could get to him.  Only thing I could figure is he starved but it seemed to take a long time it had to be several weeks or close to a month and him not eating I figured it would have happened faster then that

Well today had a coral go missing. AGAIN. The plug is still there So not quite sure where it went don’t see it anywhere on the sand where I think it would have fallen so no idea.  Just have to get another one from ty

• 3 weeks later...

I am at the point where I really think I need to purchase a calcium reactor. But my tank is so simple right now makes me nervous to get a piece of equipment like that with the very little testing I do and no apex. My caveman setup has been doing really well just think I have reached my limits with kalk. But have no idea which one to purchase I am a cheap skate so I like several but hear bad things about almost everyone I research. Of course this may be to user error but dropping a grand on a piece of equipment I expect it to be hands down perfect.

• Like 2

I am at the point where I really think I need to purchase a calcium reactor. But my tank is so simple right now makes me nervous to get a piece of equipment like that with the very little testing I do and no apex. My caveman setup has been doing really well just think I have reached my limits with kalk. But have no idea which one to purchase I am a cheap skate so I like several but hear bad things about almost everyone I research. Of course this may be to user error but dropping a grand on a piece of equipment I expect it to be hands down perfect.

I think that's a valid concern and smart of you to think about it that way.

If you prefer to not test things daily/often or dont want to get an APEX, I'd avoid getting a CaRx. Granted in the long run, your need to test Ca/Alk may be slightly less with a CaRx tuned in, I still would expect an APEX to be necessary.

• Like 1

I use a Geo's reactor. Smith gauges, Milwaukee ph controller and the 957 solenoid set up. It is "not" hooked to my apex. Was great on my 125g. Now its working on my 500g. In the beginning you need to test Alk and Cal a lot. Once you have it dialed in you just look at the ph of the probe to be sure it has not moved, media in reactor (to be sure its not empty) and drip rate of the affluent. No more mixing / dosing mess. This time I added some neo-mag to the reactor, so I dont have to dose mag.

Just my opinion

I agree I would love an apex. But that cheap skate in me kicks in and I say I would have to rewrite my whole tank learn a new component which could suffer losses during the transition. With that being said I will one day pull the trigger on both

• 1 month later...

Well had another coral go missing this time it was my pc rainbow (got it from jolt) it had healed up completely from it being stung by another coral. And had encrusted the entire plug and now has vanished . It have been mounted for almost 3 months so the idea of new frags going missing has been debunked. No idea what is knocking them from The rock work

Well had another coral go missing this time it was my pc rainbow (got it from jolt) it had healed up completely from it being stung by another coral. And had encrusted the entire plug and now has vanished . It have been mounted for almost 3 months so the idea of new frags going missing has been debunked. No idea what is knocking them from The rock work

Have a hippo tang?

Coris wrasse is the only fish I would think may do it since he used the rock work to Tare open larger food but he usually uses o pen rock work area not up between corals and it seems to happen at night time which he is buried I. The sand at night time

3 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
3 hours ago, ShawnM said:

Have a hippo tang?

I can replace it if you don't find it!