Moving the aquarium

CJohnson

This coming weekend I want to move my tank from the upstairs to downstairs. How would you do this? My Ideas is to siphon all my water into 3 brute containers, take the sump out of the bottom of the stand and carry everything downstairs (Except the water). Then put the rocks back in re plumb it and then put the fish and corals back in. It is only a 60g cube so it isn't that heavy, any Ideas? I also am looking into getting a new sump If you have any ideas on a cube sump.

That's about how I would do it. Basically set up holding bins downstairs and transfer all the livestock and coral to those and the rockwork in another.

If you aren't replacing the sand and it's old, I would disturb it as little as possible. Be ready for good mechanical filtration and massive water changes if you stir up too much.

Not sure what your budget is, but eshopps, trigger systems, and some others are finally making some refugium / sumps for cube tanks. They tend to come with a pretty hefty price tag though. You should be able to find a number of them if you search for cube refugium on google.

Might be worth buying a python cleaner for. I've had mine for 25 years and only have had to replace the faucet adapters a few times because they got lost and the venturi T one time. One of the most useful pieces of aquarium equipment I own.

Might be worth buying a python cleaner for. I've had mine for 25 years and only have had to replace the faucet adapters a few times because they got lost and the venturi T one time. One of the most useful pieces of aquarium equipment I own.

I have something similar just not as long.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

I would stay clear of the Aqueon hose cleaner if you can. The vinyl hose kinks something awful and the plastic breaks easily. The Python is much better.

Yeah I probably need to order one. The longest thing I have is a 50 foot water hose. I'm thinking I will run that out the window into the brutes that will be on the porch.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Archived