Apex Break-Out Box help

Juiceman

Never mind, It says 22 gauge on BRS.

You can get 22 or 23 awg ethernet wire which is nice because it has 4 pairs in a single housing, 23 is way more common. There is 18 and 20 awg but they tend to get expensive and can be very stiff depending on the shielding and if they're solid or stranded. Can also find 2 or 8 pair ethernet wire as well.

Realistically with the low voltage in this case, I don't think you need anything close to 22 awg wire unless you're running it a long distance where the lower gauge wire's resistance becomes a factor.

You can get 22 or 23 awg ethernet wire which is nice because it has 4 pairs in a single housing, 23 is way more common. There is 18 and 20 awg but they tend to get expensive and can be very stiff depending on the shielding and if they're solid or stranded. Can also find 2 or 8 pair ethernet wire as well.

Realistically with the low voltage in this case, I don't think you need anything close to 22 awg wire unless you're running it a long distance where the lower gauge wire's resistance becomes a factor.

It would be extended maybe 7-8 Feet.

It would be extended maybe 7-8 Feet.

That should be fine with a thinner gauge. If you were running a hundred feet, it might be another story, but anything this short, it's unlikely to make a difference.

I found run of the mill cheapo speaker wire works best for these float circuits. Just remember, longer the distance, weaker the power. best bet is to try it how you like/want it.. see if it works, otehrwise, devise a fix for it! 12v relays are cheap.

Archived