Help me decide

fishypets

I am going to set up a sps tank for my buddy that has never kept S.W. so I need a little advice. I want to stay under 75 gallons and would really love to get him custom cube or something similar. I want to keep everything pretty simple when it comes to filtration, flow, etc. If you were me what would you set up? I would like to keep his spike in electric bill under 40 bucks.

I agree with hamm.

But put the over flow on the back eaither in the corner or in the middle since it will up against a wall. If you go with a center overflow you can do two locline returns coming out both side of the overflow box. You can run a small fuge so all pumps and skimmers and such can be hidden.

If there's not enought flow you can hide two power heads behind the rock work on both sides of the overflow.

I agree with hamm.

But put the over flow on the back eaither in the corner or in the middle since it will up against a wall. If you go with a center overflow you can do two locline returns coming out both side of the overflow box. You can run a small fuge so all pumps and skimmers and such can be hidden.  

If there's not enought flow you can hide two power heads behind the rock work on both sides of the overflow.

I think that is a good idea. I would maybe go with a pendant MH so you don't need a canopy and thus less heat issues. I also like the look of no top trim on the tank. Maybe euro bracing.