Tank sitter in February

Dan H

Meg and I have a 2 week vacation planned in mid - late February and would like to hire someone to check on the tank. Ideally we'd like to have it checked on daily, but every other day would be reasonable so long as the alk/mag are behaving. We're completely willing to pay, and pay well! We just want peace of mind. We will have a house sitter, so theoretically she will be feeding the tank but that's about all she knows how to do for the tank...

The catch is that we're potentially going to have limited internet and phone access, plus we're going to be 14 hours ahead in time so that may be interesting for communication.

We'd want you to:

• check the alk/mag daily (every other at a minimum)
  • Adjust the Calcium reactor if necessary
  • Possibly add some Magnesium salt if the mag goes low
  • Drain / clean the skimmer every 5-7 days depending
  • Check on the ATO
  • Have access to our Apex and be familiar with it's settings
  • Scrape the acrylic with the magnet (VERY CAREFULLY!) every other day
  • Change out the nori on the feeder every 2-3 days
  • Be reasonably familiar with our system so that you could potentially help in an emergency

So if you want some extra cash in Feb, hit me up.

Thanks for the offer Juiceman. If something falls through, I'll let you know...

I will most definitely drill them. I'll leave who it is a mystery until they pass the "test". ;)

Thanks for the offer Juiceman. If something falls through, I'll let you know...

I will most definitely drill them. I'll leave who it is a mystery until they pass the "test". wink.png

I already have the suspect list narrowed down. There's only so many that even have an Apex and know their way around a CaRX.ph34r.png .

Archived