Gasket sealant

jcasisa

Hello all,

Question, I drilled the holes for my Synergy overflow box and did a leak test with the return pump into the display tank. I noticed that there was moisture on the bottom outside of the overflow box between the tank and the overflow. My question is, does anyone use any lubricant or sealant around the drilled hole to make a better seal?

I was careful not to over tighten against the seals but I may have to tighten the nuts a bit more.

I will be adding picture to my tank build this weekend.

-John

Ty,

Thanks for asking for pictures because as I was taking the overflow apart to take them I realized that I did not have the gaskets in the right order! Shows mw the quality of the bulkheads because I think it should have leaked a lot more than it did.

I did put bead of silicone inside the hole so that there is less play in the bulkhead but I think now that the gaskets are in the right order I wont have any issues.

Once my siphon stopper return gets here I will have the plumbing complete and do the final fitting. Then it is on to the sump. That should be the final part before I start buying stuff to put into the aquarium :)

Glad I could be of indirect assistance. [emoji41]

I would let the silicone dry a bit after the water test so it doesn't leach any chemicals into the tank. I'm not sure if it's in direct contact with any tank water or not. Typically a week is the safest bet.

Archived