Moving tank, looking for advice

tennisjad3

I'm moving Saturday and have a 29 gallon. I'm planning on taking out my coral into bags and draining about 20 gallons of water out. What's the safest way to do this, I'm just moving to a building across the street so I figured I'd but my tank on a cart and just roll it over, then add the water and corals back

I'd also take the rock out and put it in a bucket with the water you're draining. that size tank with 9 gal of water, sand and rocks will be pretty heavy. Try not to disturb the sand very much when putting the water back in...it could release a bunch of stuff and cause spikes. Try to put the corals in something insulated to try to regulate the temperature. Once you get the water back in let it get up to temp then acclimate the corals to the tank temp.

I'd also take the rock out and put it in a bucket with the water you're draining. that size tank with 9 gal of water, sand and rocks will be pretty heavy. Try not to disturb the sand very much when putting the water back in...it could release a bunch of stuff and cause spikes. Try to put the corals in something insulated to try to regulate the temperature. Once you get the water back in let it get up to temp then acclimate the corals to the tank temp.

Quite a few of my larger colonies are attached/growing in large rocks which is why I'm worried about taking all of them out. I'm worried I'll destroy my mushroom/polyp colonies if I throw the all in a bucket on top of one another

Archived