New Tank! Help

Ryan t

I have a 10 gallon I'm transferring to this new bicube need experience to tell me and help me for what I should do. Also I got a new open brain coral he has been nice and big for 2 days know is closed up for almost whole day, what is going on?

I put all new live rock in the biocube and there is a wave point led on the old tank. The biocube still has the normal iteams that it comes with on been set up and running for 3 days. The old tank has been set up for about 3 months and water parameters are all good I think my open brain is still getting used to my led light. Is there any recomedations for starting my biocube or how to transfer things without killing anything.

Patience is key in this hobby and nothing good happens quickly. If you have all live rock and live sand that is mature, then switching everything over and adding new water shouldn't be too stressful. The transition to LEDs from another kind of light may be more traumatic for the coral. What light do you have on the 10 gallon?

If you can just let the new tank run for a few weeks with rock and sand, it will help in stabilizing. Whenever sand is moved, a great deal of the things in the sand will be killed. The bacteria will have to re-establish. Prime would be good to throw in the new tank to help the process.

More time you let it settle, better you will be.

Well I have a few ideas but I'll need some information to be certain. Also, I'm still quite new to this hobby myself, some of my ideas may not be the most effective way of doing things.

. Did you use seeded live rock or dry rock?

. Live sand or dry sand?

. Do you have a way to test your water parameters? If you don't, pick up a test kit tomorrow, Petco or Petsmart should have one cheap. You don't need to get the reef master, but the saltwater test kit is a must.

. Is your coral in the 10 or have you moved it over to the 29? If it's in the 29, move it back to the 10. I can almost guarantee your 29 is toxic to it day 4 of your bacteria culture.

It takes time to grow the bacteria that make up the nitrogen cycle. It should be finished cycling about day 14 if you used live rock and live sand. If dry rock and dry sand, well it took my tank about 4 weeks to finish it's cycle. But you won't know where it is until you know your parameters.

When the 29 finishes it's cycle and you move your coral over, the 10k fluorescent daylights in the Biocube are probably stronger than your LED. Place your coral on the sand bed. If it looks good, after a week or so, move it up in the tank. If it looks bad, move it to a slightly shaded area and try again in a week.

Sent from my N9515 using Tapatalk

Archived