BIRDS NEST??

If it is Brown Jelly disease then you can take it out and iodine dip it, but I haven't seen any coral live once brown jelly sets in.

You can google Brown Jelly disease and get some info on it

here is a thread with some pictures so you can compare it to your coral to see if it is the same thing or not.

Click here

If it is Brown Jelly disease then you can take it out and iodine dip it, but I haven't seen any coral live once brown jelly sets in.

You can google Brown Jelly disease and get some info on it

here is a thread with some pictures so you can compare it to your coral to see if it is the same thing or not.

Click here

so what kind of iodine? like i dont know if there is a special kind

to give you hope, I have recovered a coral from brown jelly before. Never seen a SPS get it but eh. Gently remove the brown tissue and rinse with tank water then dip it in lugols at three times the recommended dose in a small container. I would often drip the iodine straight on to the damaged tissue out of the water then let it sit in a dip. Be aggressive with your treatments. Also dose a water soluble antibiotic at that point. Place coral back in tank and of course do not put the treated water back in the tank. Don't be stingy on using a lot of water as well. I did it everyday for a week to save my gonipora that had BJD.

Edited by barderer

• 4 weeks later...