SAoSA Winter Fragtacular

SAoSA would like to invite all of our friends in Austin to the largest Fragtacular to ever be held in San Antonio. Our Winter Fragtacular is being held on January 24 from 12-4 at the San Antonio Aquarium (6320 Bandera Road, San Antonio, Texas. If you would like to come, please let me know. If you rsvp, you and your guests will get into the Aquarium for free! Make your plans and take a road trip. You do not want to miss this event.

Here is a list of our confirmed vendors smile.png

Coral Xpressions (Jonathan Bush)
Liberty Aquatics (John Green)
Sherita (Santa Anna)
Clayton Cox (San Antonio)
Steve Sindt (Stephenville)
Uchin Chung (Dallas)
World Class Aquatics (San Antonio)
ARK Aquatics (Abilene)
Unlimited Color Corals (Houston)
Daniel Hurlbert (San Antonio)
Shane Smith (San Antonio)
Zephyr Aquatics (San Antonio)
Zen Reef (San Antonio)
Coral Cove (San Antonio)
Ty Ta (Austin)
Dzung Pham (Austin)
Freakin Frags (Oklahoma)
Brandon Skidmore (San Antonio)
River City Aquatics (Austin)
Fraghouse Corals (Tyler)

Now, with a lineup like that, how could you possibly miss this??!!

Can't wait!

Just as an anecdote, Meg and I went to the frag swap down there at the Aquarium just a few weeks ago and it was insane! I think they had about 500 people come, and it was pretty awesome getting free admission to the SA Aquarium. Meg and I ended up getting quite a few frags, and had a great time so I'm certain this one will be awesome. Definitely worth the drive.

I'm looking forward to this one! This will be the first swap outside of Austin that I will be attending and also selling at. I'm trying to step up my frag tank setup so the vendors that will be there won't hate too much on my PVC lighting setup with a hydroponic tub. whistle.gif

I hope I have some time to shop around for myself personally. The last swap at C4 was so busy that I didn't get to do too much shopping. Last I saw there were 22 vendors/hobbyists selling and 150+ people attending.

I'm looking forward to this one! This will be the first swap outside of Austin that I will be attending and also selling at. I'm trying to step up my frag tank setup so the vendors that will be there won't hate too much on my PVC lighting setup with a hydroponic tub. whistle.gif

I hope I have some time to shop around for myself personally. The last swap at C4 was so busy that I didn't get to do too much shopping. Last I saw there were 22 vendors/hobbyists selling and 150+ people attending.

Ty, I can get someone to watch your tank for ya. Just let me know when you need it.

• 1 month later...

What is everyone bringing to the swap?

Here's what I'm bringing:

-screaming green birdsnest

-setosa

-sunset monti

-FarmerTy green fungias

-pretty penny zoas

-cherry bomb/zombie eye zoas

-jedi mind trick monti

-purple stylo

-Oregon tort acro

-ORA German blue polyp acro

-Frag Farmer's Red Stag acro

-FarmerTy Lotus Blossom acro

-FarmerTy Blue Bottlebrush acro

-FarmerTy Pink Tip acro

-northern lights nasuta

-ORA Hawkins Echinata

-ProCorals Rainbow acro

-ORA Chips acro

I've been looking at the SAoSA reef site, but I don't see they are advertising it in San Antonio at all or on Maast/Facebook. Does anyone know where else it is being pushed/advertised?

I'll be bringing:

Red branching cyphastrea

ORA green planet

Red tabling Hyacinthus

Jason Fox Lemonade acro

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

All I've seen is on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/502842406563733/

There's over 150+ RSVPs so should be busy. If you want to come, please RSVP to Sherita either via PM this forum or Facebook. Otherwise, you'll have to pay a cool $15 to get in because it's at the Aquarium. I am not speaking as a representative of the event, just someone who is selling at it.

Here's the latest post I saw from Sherita:

"k my fellow reefers, we are coming down to the wire. Our frag swap is this coming Sunday, so make sure you have your pennies counted, and your credit cards rounded up!

If you are coming to buy, here is a short list of things to bring to make your time at the swap easier for you, and your corals.

Small cooler (or a big cooler if you are buying a lot).
Small bills. Please don't bring hundreds, they suck up all of our change smile emoticon
Credit card, if you are using one (or a bunch)
A canvas bag (for any dry goods you want to purchase)
$1 bills and change for drinks and such at the Aquarium snack bar, and to purchase food to feed the fish at the San Antonio Aquarium.
Patience and a sense of humor. It can be crowded at times, just relax and have fun hanging out with a bunch of coral heads!

Sellers
extension cord (at least 50')
power strip
water
bags or other containers
change (mainly $5's and $10's)
tank towels (lots of these!)
siphon hoses, heaters, tongs, frag racks, pointer sticks, and any other small items you might need.

For those of you who are bringing children (both large and small), please let the kiddies know to not stick fingers in display tanks smile emoticon And please make sure they respect the displays at the Aquarium (I saw a child actually trying to pull pieces off one of the dinosaurs at the last swap).

Please come and enjoy the swap, and the Aquarium. Please take some time to patronize the Aquarium and enjoy all that they have to offer. They have been very gracious in allowing us to hold our swap at their facility, and we want to make sure we are invited back!

Lastly, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Everyone selling at the swap will be happy to educate you on the care and feeding of your new coral. We hope to see you at the swap!"

We've got over 100 frags to bring.

Some notable frags:

SPS:

DaM Blue

DaM Titanium

DaM Red Tip

Warp speed monti

Green birds nest

RR Nauti Spiral

Zoas / Palys:

Jason Fox Tangerine Twister

Scarface