Black Friday Fever!

jolt

1w 445nm laser to smoke that single aiptasia I discovered?? CHECK!

wait, what? who? where? I want. i NEED.

Haha - I got this info from DanH. Ordered on ebay. Weird thing is I just looked up the item I bought and ebay says: "We had to remove this listing from the site". But do a search for 1w 445nm laser and you should get some hits on ebay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered a new skimmer. SCA 301.

Broke the glass in my sump getting my recirc skimmer out Sunday. Now I have a project to work on this weekend refixing it. It is overkill for my tank anyhow. Belongs on a 90 gallon probly... I have a solana with sump and 18' frag tank. I always go tooo big.

Ordered a new skimmer. SCA 301.

Broke the glass in my sump getting my recirc skimmer out Sunday. Now I have a project to work on this weekend refixing it. It is overkill for my tank anyhow. Belongs on a 90 gallon probly... I have a solana with sump and 18' frag tank. I always go tooo big.

I really like those Solana cubes

Don't blame me if y'all burn your eyes out. Any advice I give out should be considered entertainment and not used seriously... wink.png

You only need 1W. The trick is that the 445nm at 1W is harder to find, but you can usually get them on eBay for < $100. They only work if you focus the beam to a tiny point... Then you get awesome crackling.

1w 445nm laser to smoke that single aiptasia I discovered?? CHECK!

wait, what? who? where? I want. i NEED.

Ok, I just tried the laser out. That is wicked!

Jolt: 1 Aiptasia: 0

my only question is.... when you "dose" aiptasia and "miss" a little bit, its able to release is stuff (ie. basal laceration). with the laser is it heater the water up around it fast enough for a quick boil? (mine is still in chinese "posted" limbo.. is it on a plane? on a ship? *lol*)

Well apparently I did not zapp the aiptasia enough because it recovered! Gonna try again this weekend ...

Yep, the issue with aiptasia is you have to burn ALL of them. Like other anemones they have amazing regenerative powers.

Be sure to wear your UV goggles if you're doing this, you don't want to get a reflected ray. Also watch your fish, my clowns will chase a laser pointer spot through the tank.

Besides wearing the glasses, you should probably wear clothing... I've burnt myself a few times now from the reflection. It's not a bad burn, more of a hey, why does my arm hurt... OH CRAP! The laser is reflecting!! :)

Archived