Spout for 5 gallon buckets

dapettit

I'm looking for the spouts that fit the 5 gallon jugs you can get at the LFS for transporting water. We currently use them to fill a 50 gallon barrel to mix salt for our water changes. I have to cart the jugs from the garage to the living room. Then pour them into the barrel hoping I don't spill any on the tarp. I'm trying to convince the wife to let me plumb this directly to the tank. Until I do I will continue carting water. Using the spout (especially if it has an on/off valve on it) would make this job a lot easier. I can lay them on their sides and open the valve and let'er flow!

I have a mag 18. I wonder if this would pump water from the garage to the living room. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry about the long post. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dave-

A mag18 will totally move water accross your house. I know this since I used to do the same thing at a customers house, but i think with a mag9 or 12. . Id even say an 18 would probably get water up to a 2nd floor as well.

• 4 weeks later...