SAD NEWS!!

cmanning

The Blonde Naso that we had for over 1 1/2 yr. passed away last night :blink: . As I'm typing away, it just hit me really hard. We're already miss his spectacular personality and the show he used to put on when someone came by the tank. I've notice that during this week he wasn't eating as he normally would. I tried hand feeding, even though he tried, he wasn't pulling on the nori like the other tangs. I just can't understand what went wrong :doh: ...the rest of the fish are doing fine, no ill effects of any sort.

Yesterday's water parameters:

Nitrite (NO2) 0 ppm

Ammonia (NH3) 0 ppm

Nitrate (NO3) 0 ppm

KH 12/200 ppm

Phosphate (PO4) .05 ppm

Calcium 350

Magnesium 1375

Bummer Cindy! I lost a chromis this morning in a similar way. It just stopped eating, but didn't really have any other signs. Of course there is no comparing a naso to a chromis, but it still sucks to lose a fish.

OMG, that fish was awesome! Sorry for your loss he had great personality. Your Nasso inspired Robin and I to add one to our family. We lost our Powder Blue Tang yesterday morning too. Same thing just stopped eating. . .

Dave & Robin

Sorry to hear about the Powder Blue Tang :doh: . How is your Naso? If we ever get a Naso......I would love to have one the same size as yours. Ours was pretty big, but I prefer to have them grow under our care. You know one thing I found out, Naso prefer brown nori than green or red. And just from observation, I've notice that everytime we clean the nearby surface of the glass, there's a brown film of algae and he couldn't wait for us to scrape off.

-Cindy-

That's odd ours turns its nose up to the brown and prefers the green nori. We got our Nasso from RCA. I like the size too.

We moved the PBT to the sump to give it a little peace from the yellow tang. We notice the upper lip was missing however after a week in the sump it was growing back. The sump is full of micro algae and pods but it wouldn't eat. Just stayed in one place.

Hope things work out for you! Talk to you soon.

Dave & Robin.