What do you do to your Reef during approaching Tornado's?

Bmwaaron

Well considering the Hail/Tornado's storms we have had tonight in the metro area I wanted to know what everyone does during these storms?

If there is something approaching my house I will unplug the tank during the immediate storm to guard against power surges and or in worse case scenario if a wall comes down and the tank shatters I don't want to get electrocuted.

Hope everyone is ok...

I really don't like hiding in the Laundry room BTW. :doh:

We had golf ball size hail :blink:

Hope for the best is my plan. If a tornado hits the house the last thing I am going to be worried about is my fish tank.

Hiding in the downstairs powder room aint much fun either. :doh:

I generally subscribe to the "hope for the best" alternative, but unplugging the tank is a really good idea. Unfortunately, mine's down at the office. :doh:

The closet under the stairs is our safe room. Boring and cramped. At least you could do laundry, or sort clothes, BMWaaron. We were just North of the strike zone tonight, at least for the tornadic activity, but my daughters (8 & 10) were worried enough that they wanted to go in the closet. I humored them and let them camp out in there awhile, but my hubby and I stayed out in the living room to watch Mark Murray. That's some fancy-schmancy radar he's got!

PBITAWA <-- a good disaster plan.

And BMWaaron was in the laundry room with prefect access to the bleach. :doh:

Man you should have heard my five Koralias clacking away over and over again. :blink: I think I need to get a UPS for the tank just so the little brown outs don't drive everything crazy.

I'm glad I live in the middle of town. I wouldn't have even know we HAD a storm if it wasn't for the wet ground this morning. I heard some rain hitting my bedroom window in the middle of the night. Correction my dog heard it and decided to wake me up to let me know it was raining. :doh: But other than that brief time I woke up to hear rain hitting lightly my window I wouldn't have even known it was raining, more less a big storm/tornado. There were no leaves blown or trees down or anything like that. Looked just like a normal rain storm occurred this morning when I woke up.

• 2 weeks later...

from 9 untill 10 that night i sat in my backyard watching a storm pass to my north. it was pretty cool looking, but i didnt see a drop of rain from that one. at about 1 oclock the same night i was woken up by quarter sized hail for about 2 minutes and that was it.