Live Rock Supplier

BradJ

Used is ALWAYS cheaper. river city is reasonable. other stores around town tend to be a higher. ordering online for rock hardly ever works out to be cheaper and you don't get to pick out what you are getting. If you are willing to drive to San Antonio the former wolf reef is the cheapest(+gas).

• 5 months later...

I am also starting a 75g tank. I ordered my uncured live rock from petco online. I was worried about what I would end up with, but it turned out to be beautiful. I have had it for a week, and it is already covered in coralline. Including shipping and tax, 45 lb boxes of Fiji come out to be 159.54 (under $4.00/lb). I had a single rock out of the 90 lbs I ordered that didn't look good, so I called customer service and they are shipping me a replacement to arrive on Saturday. The rock I found in the local stores was either ridiculously overpriced (one quoted me at $10 / lb for uncured Fiji ?!?) or had no visible coralline. Though the process did make me go to a lot of stores, so I found the stores that I was comfortable with to purchase live fish. Obviously, I am about as far from expert as you can get, but I was happy with my purchase.

Good luck,

Carrie