Need your feedback about move to new location

aeroaustin

Howdy Reefers,

We are going to purchase the house, We are processing to closing date on the house, it probably three weeks away from today.. Hopefully.. cross fingers that there is smooth sailing to close the date without any problem.. The location we will live in Kyle/Uhland area, by the HWY 21. so my wfie can attend to TSU for Dual.

I need your feedback and suggest about how to move the Tank to new location..

Right now I have 75 gallon tank. with 6 livestocks, sixline, checkerboard, cardinal, lawnmower and paired Ocellaris. One mature green SPS and several blue mushrooms.

I have one empty 40 breeder, will be great for temporary housing for 6 fishes? about two months that will be alright for them? will be emperer 280 filter will be alright or suggest to have sump for 40 gallon breeder to housing the livestock?

Should I transfer the current salt water to 40 gallon with or without sand? should have some live rock in the tank?

what is your opinion and suggest and which is best plan to move the tank.

Here is what I am planning for this.

1. I need to redo with tank, I had approix 60 lbs in the trashcan, I don't know if its cure yet. will test again few weeks. Want to drill several holes for 75 gallon for coast to coast overflow. Also paint the black background of back the tank.

2. I am going to cook the 90 lbs live rock because I am battling with bubble algaes infest whole the tank.

3. I would like to have new white live sand for 75 gallon tank, about 120 lbs of sands. 75 gallon will be fully blown reef tank, SPS only with small colorful fishes.

Future --- 110 gallon tank will set-up in middle of summer

(I acquired 103 lbs dry rocks. Plan to curing the rocks) Plus 90 lbs rock will be addition when the cook the rock then curing in same time with 103 lbs rocks)

Thanks

Ron

If your 60 lbs are cured I would use some of that to keep the 40 stable with the fish in there. Just keep a close on parameters while they are in there and always have salt water ready to go if you need to do a water change. I think they would be fine.

If your 60 lbs are cured I would use some of that to keep the 40 stable with the fish in there. Just keep a close on parameters while they are in there and always have salt water ready to go if you need to do a water change. I think they would be fine.

Ok, don't have to add sand, just 60 lbs and barebottom for few months?