WTB: Live copepods

britfish

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

I was there earlier this week and they only had bottles of "arcti-pods" in the refrigerator.

I'm looking for live ones to seed my refugium.

They have them at River City Aquatics. I was just there and there was a bottle on the counter.

If they were swimming around they had to be alive! Probably Tigger Pods!

I stopped by the AquaDome yesterday and they had a small bottle of live Tigger Pods (large copepods) for $21.95. Didn't seem to be many in the bottle for the money! I also PM'd JordanJ on MAAST. He cultures brine shrimp and will also be selling live copepods shortly. The other alternative is to order online from oceanpods.com or ipsf.com

Myabe I was looking at the wrongs thing. I know there was a bottle on the counter with pods swimming around. Not sure what type they were.

Reef Nutrition's Tigger-Pods, they have them at RCA, Deep Blue, Aquatek and the Dome. Some people throw in about a bottle a month for young tanks. or develop cultures of their own from them. They are pretty pricey though, it would be nice if you could get the big bags from other suppliers at our LFS's.

I got cheato from healthy tanks to start my population.

My cheato is not doing that great. What light do you have on your refugium and how many hours a day is it on?

I have a small Aqualight with a 50/50 96W PC bulb and I think this is the problem.

I'm planning to change the bulb for a 96W 6700K PC. I don't have a lot of space over the fuge and I use the the Aqualight as its pretty slim.

Thanks for the offer but I have a lot of cheato and some sea lettuce.

The sea lettuce is growing great but the cheato is not doing very good at all and I need to find out why.

From my research it appears cheato does best under a 6700K light so I'm going to change the 50/50 PC bulb in my Aqualight with a 6700K bulb.

What bulb do you have over your refugium?

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

I was there earlier this week and they only had bottles of "arcti-pods" in the refrigerator.

I'm looking for live ones to seed my refugium.

The Tigger Pods work well. I started off with a bottle or two in my tank several months ago. I also picked up some chaeto from Steve at Horizon a couple of times. His algae tank is chock full of them. I have a fuge section in the sump but also plumbed my seahorse tank into the reef and if I shine a light an hour or so after the lights go out, the bottom just boils with them.

The TPs are a little spendy, but these things multiply like crazy so it's not like you are going to need a lot of them unless your tank is monstrous.

Do you have a particular fish that needs them?

Edited by aimaike

I also got some chaeto from Steve @ Horizon but I guess my Madarin ate all the pods! I also have four clowns that love them and I'm having a hard time keeping enough pods for them. I've set up a new fuge with chaeto and sea lettuce and there's hardly any pods in it right now so I'm looking to seed it with some pods and control what gets released into the display tank so they can breed and multiply!

The Tigger Pods work well. I started off with a bottle or two in my tank several months ago. I also picked up some chaeto from Steve at Horizon a couple of times. His algae tank is chock full of them. I have a fuge section in the sump but also plumbed my seahorse tank into the reef and if I shine a light an hour or so after the lights go out, the bottom just boils with them.

The TPs are a little spendy, but these things multiply like crazy so it's not like you are going to need a lot of them unless your tank is monstrous.

Do you have a particular fish that needs them?