Mindstream Aquarium Monitor

FarmerTy

Yeah, their target audience is reefers who want to see continuous trends and look for correlations between metrics over time. It's appealing to some of us, but cost prohibitive unless fully proven :)

Their target audience seems more in line with academic initiatives than your common reefer.

Let's get a dumbed down version for us hobbiests! Mindstream Lite! [emoji4]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, their target audience is reefers who want to see continuous trends and look for correlations between metrics over time. It's appealing to some of us, but cost prohibitive unless fully proven smile.png

Just wait until they get it hooked up to your dosers so that it auto-corrects conditions as your tank encounters them. Imagine the "cloud" doing all the hard math for you and continually monitoring it....

I predict Ty has one in 24 months or less.

You mean geekslike me ;-)

Well this one was getting a lot of attention at the conference too:

http://www.sensafe.com/photometers/exact-idip-570nm/

I did not make it to their workshop and their booth was impossible to get to ...

Now THAT'S more like it! If there was a way to measure alk without using reagents or powders or the like, that would make life so much easier for me. Then whoever is tank-sitting can't use the excuse that alk tests are too complicated or time consuming to perform, a simple dip-and-read and done. I'll have to look more into this one.

i still think this will end up as vaporware. if they couldn't crowdsource it into existence, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to swing production on private equity. after a failed crowdsource, what investor ponies up the money? The cost is too high, the lack of de facto standard controller interoperability (apex) is prohibitive.

Maybe I'll apply for a research grant with A&M and buy one then.

denied. coral isn't poultry.

A&M Galveston, Marine biology department sir. I'll tear it up on the research... Like Notre Dame did to you Longhorns this past weekend.

i still think this will end up as vaporware. if they couldn't crowdsource it into existence, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to swing production on private equity. after a failed crowdsource, what investor ponies up the money? The cost is too high, the lack of de facto standard controller interoperability (apex) is prohibitive.

One thing I'll say is these guys seemed really smart but maybe like they are still learning their target audience. At this point I would not be surprised to see an aquisition, mainly for their patents.

A&M Galveston, Marine biology department sir. I'll tear it up on the research... Like Notre Dame did to you Longhorns this past weekend.

Ty, I never pictured you as mean spirited until now ...

Ty, I never pictured you as mean spirited until now ...

Tell you what, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys

You mean geekslike me ;-)

Well this one was getting a lot of attention at the conference too:

http://www.sensafe.com/photometers/exact-idip-570nm/

I did not make it to their workshop and their booth was impossible to get to ...

This one looks sweet, it's test alk, cal, nitrate phosphate and lots of other stuff if you wana add it.

It also exists already which is a plus as well!

ILn8QDj.png?1

ILn8QDj.png?1

As an Ag living in Austin listening to the preseason UT hype every year all I have to say is ...

wave.gif TAMU versus Hmmmm....

I thought you were able to experience the maroon sunshine pumping on nights and weekends on your way to college station!

If your metric of success is recent players in the NFL, by all means move those goalposts to whatever gets the kick through. However, if we're talking grand totals, there are 37 longhorns on rosters vs 29 aggies. Although to be fair, if you count coaches, recruiting coordinators and h2o technicians like this reputable aggie source does, then they may have a lead.

Ultimately It's ok, I'm willing to deal with some (hopefully short term) mediocrity because as a student I've experienced a national championship in a time period after hitler invaded.

Get back to me after rice, my attitude may have been slightly altered depending on the outcome.

I can certainly respect making ones self feel a little better by reflecting on past successes. Makes the present easier to handle. Longhorn students right now do have it rough though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived