who custom builds tanks?

pickle311

I've been out of the hobby for a while and I'm wanting to dive back in. I was looking at an Aquacube 24, but I think I'll be happier with something a little larger. I really like the rimless cube tanks. I got a quote rom glasscages for a 24x24x16 with overflow, 3 holes drilled, and the 3 viewing panels doen with starphire glass. They quoted me $330 shipped to Dallas and I have to pick it up from there. So who else builds tanks like this? I want to get a couple of more quotes. Also, what would be a good skimmer for a tank this size? I want something quiet and eficient, I also plan to have it moderaely stocked and will keep SPS.

Thanks

I have only had good experiences with GC over the years, but I would go with someone local if possible. The farther you get from a standard tank (and by standard I mean a tank that particular company builds a lot of), the more likely you will be unhappy. Nothing goes as far as meeting the builder or at least the order taker face to face to explain what you want. Even then I see a lot of "custom" tanks floating around the LFS because they where not build to customer specs.

after looking, emailing, and reading all day today, I think I've decided to go with the Current USA Solana. Do any of you know if any of the LFS have these in stock? I'd like to see one in person that's setup and running.

Thanks for the help.

If you do decide to get one, please post about your experience with it. I'd really like to get some owner feedback on them.

Check www.nano-reef.com there's several people there that have them. That's where I was getting most of my info on them.