Checking Interest: huge living color coral inserts

RonTheGuy

I acquired an up and running 100 gallon tank which had fish only and these two high end huge artificial coral inserts. Found the large eel cave here at livingcolor(dot)com. The tiles in the picture are 16 inches apart so you can see the two pieces end to end are about 5 feet. The eel cave tube on the left is the longest at about 33 inches. Each piece weighs about 40lbs. So I had never known of these before. I may keep one but not both, Now the question is where should I post them for sale? Should I ask austin aquarium if they want them? How much should I ask? I see the large eel cave is $1100 plus tax and $100 shipping from living color aquarium .... I would be very happy with half or less. Opinions? Fyi prior owner said he paid $3000 yikes for these two years ago .... guess somebody buys them? Marineland?

post-3887-0-01941300-1424622122_thumb.jp

I could be wrong here, but I would bet the farm that nobody on a reef forum pays any decent amount of money for faux coral. Too much of the real thing to be had for a lot cheaper than the advertised value of those

• Like 1

Coral inserts aren't cheap and they can dress up a FO tank. The only places I've seen ones this large were restaurants. I haven't seen a lot of people on the forums that have FO tanks, but I'm sure there are some. I think your best bet is Craigslist or Ebay. There are some coral inserts on Amazon if you have a sellers account.

I know you asked for opinions on price, but I'm not going to speculate on the value.

Coral inserts aren't cheap and they can dress up a FO tank. The only places I've seen ones this large were restaurants. I haven't seen a lot of people on the forums that have FO tanks, but I'm sure there are some. I think your best bet is Craigslist or Ebay. There are some coral inserts on Amazon if you have a sellers account.

I know you asked for opinions on price, but I'm not going to speculate on the value.

thank you for.the replies ... it.is.true.the real.stuff.is better . The guy that had the setup.with these "a young man" said.he spent all the money he had.on these ... rather sad to waste.like.that .... I guess I will put.them on ebay and see what they are really.worth

• 1 year later...