Lighting for a 37 tall?

jbajorek

Ok, I have a 37 tall tank with a wide variety of corals including LPS, soft corals, an anemone, live rock, ect. Right now I have a 24" dual satellite 130total watt system, which I know isn't enough. The light doesn't go all the way across the tank, and i know my corals aren't getting the light they need. I was wondering what I should do as far as light goes.

I dont plan on spending a ton of money. But is my only option to just get a metal halide because of how deep my tank is?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

37 gallon? 30x12x23? I had 37 tall before, Metal Halide is not working well for 37 because tank has center brace, will causing brace to melt becuase there is small space for lighting, Brace already melted when I tried to use one with 150 watts, too much trouble. so I uses 4 T5 bulbs and looks so nice. I would recommend T5, 4X39 watts will be great selection for your tank

ya, it depends on the top demensions of the tank. I recently switched to T5s and man what a diff. I have a bow front that has a center brace also. I dont have hardly any shadowing from the T5 fixture i have. Its a 8x54w. Less heat and I think all the light ud need. Look on EBAY and u can probly find something that will work fine if u go with T5 or whatever. Check out Catalina lighting.