New OceanRevive Arctic S026... mounting issue.

MantaFan

I just received my Christmas present today... 3x S026 LED fixtures for my 72" tank. I can't wait to get them installed! I'm not going to go through a detailed review, because Sascha D. already did that HERE.

I don't yet know how I'm going to mount them to my canopy though. I lift the top of the canopy for water changes, so I can't use the hanging wires that come with it. I'm thinking of doing something similar to what BML recommended HERE using "L" brackets.

Any other brilliant suggestions??

I'll post before and after photos once I have them up. Thanks!

I couldn't use any of my hanging kits because my canopy is only 6" deep and the minimum setting on the hanging kit will bring the lights near the water. My wife didn't want to hang anything from the ceiling.

If I could make a suggestion. If you plan to mount the lights on the base then make sure they are movable. I installed a shelf inside of the canopy that slides back and forth so I can move the lights out of the way when I need to. If you install them on the hinge top then make sure they still shine down into the tank when the top is fully lifted. If not then you won't be able to see when the lid is open.

Thanks Sascha... That's exactly the issue I've been wrestling with. I think I can put an eye hook in the canopy and they'll stay level as I lift the lid. I just have to put something behind the three light housings so they don't swing back and bang into the canopy.

Thanks for the help and pics! I'll post pics here once they're in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about shocks that lift the canopy straight into the air instead of hinging back? I've seen it done to hoods while I was showing cars.

I actually removed the lid of my canopy because the moisture was allowing mold to grow. I found it to be a better solution than installing fans.

New shocks on my canopy... That sounds like a costly project :-) I'm going to try to hang one housing tonight to see if my plan works... They still hang really low, so I may have to try plan B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived