Bubble and Hair Algae?

migs

I have read about bubble and hair algae, but I thought it was always green. Is this just a red algae? I checked phosphate levels and they are fine and never use tap water. I have 2 scarlet hermit, 2 margarita, 4 nerite, 3 blue legged hermit in a 29g biocube... anything else I should get?

post-511-1205877750_thumb.jpg

post-511-1205877898_thumb.jpg

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question. That looks like the stuff I get on my sand, except mine is green.

I've read that increased flow helps decrease the incidence of it but mine is always flowing in the breeze. I do notice that whenever I feed

pellets it comes back wherever they land. Other thoughts on getting it to go away? I've already stopped with the pellets.

TIA,

Robb

Cyano is usually from excess nutrients. I am battling some myself right now. I use a Phosphate remover, Rowaphos, in a carbon reactor. Decrease in light and more flow can help too. There is also a product called Chemi-clean that will get rid of it for a while.

Cyano is usually from excess nutrients. I am battling some myself right now. I use a Phosphate remover, Rowaphos, in a carbon reactor. Decrease in light and more flow can help too. There is also a product called Chemi-clean that will get rid of it for a while.

Don't mean to jump off track but, Gabe I know you have sps in your tank, when you decrease lighting.....by how much do you decrease. I have a slight problem w/it too but, I'm waiting for a bigger skimmer to arrive and for now I would like to keep it under control before it goes out of whack!

-Cindy-

I went threw the same thing with the same color cyno. I used the stuff called chemi-clean, and it kicked its butt in 48 hrs. But DO the water change and follow the directions. Im telln you in 48 hrs it will look like it used too. I used it back to back with 2wks inbetween treatments and that was a year ago or so and i havent had any sign. Good luck.

if your corals are not too sensitive ive found that keeping the tank 100% dark for 48 hours kills it. draping towels etc over it. after you weaken it vacume it up and do water change. solved my prob. but that chemi poweder does work. i should have bottle at the house if you want it. i wont be using it any time soon