Two questions...

AbelR1975

I was showing a friend some pics of my tank this morning. When we got to this one...

post-3702-0-72845900-1418837226_thumb.jp,

he said that he thought it was Aiptasia. I think its a Paly, but I'm not positive. Here is another view...

post-3702-0-12822500-1418837322_thumb.jp.

I have other palys, but it doesn't appear to be the same.

post-3702-0-34594000-1418837458_thumb.jp.

My second question....

Any idea what this is? I'm hoping its just a tube worm, but with my history of having Majano, I'm nervous.

post-3702-0-22562100-1418837061_thumb.jp

ok. Thanks! I guess the toadstool is shading it, so I'll just move it. Yall think its the same as the green ones?

I couldn't get a good pic of that other thing. I noticed that the tentacles, or whatever they are, have tiny barb like things on them. Kind of like a mini brittle star.

my vote is that's the same as your others, or very closely related.

they very well could be the arms of a brittle star(s). they come in all sizes. does it retract or move when you feed the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one is a paly. I would get rid of it though. If you don't want to I would at least isolate it from your main rock structure. Some palys can be invasive and especially the long lash palys can irritate everything they touch. But +1 to clownfitch.

Picture 1 an 3 are the same thing. Picture 1 is just browned out. They're green button palys. They get fairly large and will drastically shift color and size based on light, nutrients, and flow. I've seen them go from huge and solid brown to pea sized and bright green and everything in between

• 1 month later...

Archived