What's wrong with my stylo

Bpb

I'll preface by saying I haven't added anything new to the tank in well over a month. Everything has been fine. No STN, no visible pests ever. No bite marks ever.

My purple stylo always looks awesome and has been one of my best growers and fuzziest specimens. Just today spontaneously I noticed it had about half polyp extension. Never done this before. Didn't think much of it. Maybe a crab bumped it or something. Just got home for the evening. Still looks bad. I look closer and see black spots all over it. About the size of sesame seeds. Any ideas?

Again this is totally out of nowhere. I've never seen any evidence of predation and nothing new for a while

post-2651-0-78799100-1418699702_thumb.jp

Thank God. Only thing I've changed is the carbon addition we discussed earlier. Parameters checked yesterday have been the same for weeks. All 8.4 dKH, 440 ppm calcium, 1480 ppm mg, 2 ppb phosphorous, undetectable nitrate, 8.3 ph now, 79.8 degrees warm, 1.025. I'll just chalk it up to the stylo being irritated about something and expect it to bounce back. May remove the carbon tomorrow if it doesn't improve

My forest fire digi did this same thing about a week ago. It just closed for about a day and a half. And it never ever closes. I checked all my parameters and everything was fine and in the end I just had to chalk it up to it getting irritated about something unknown. It did open back up and hasn't closed since.

Archived