defender.TXReef:Pico 20G, NanoBoxDuo, KZ

defender.TX

I am with Ty, I went from 90 to 180 and still think I want to go bigger. Ty has seen the room my tank is in and I think I want to eventually go with a peninsula tank. What do you think Ty?

Let's discuss this in your mentor thread. Don't want to take over defenders build thread here. [emoji106]

I don't mind if you take over my thread! It's all good. I was originally thinking about an SCA 50, then my wife noticed the 66, then I noticed the 80, then I realized it was 32" wide, so I figured, why not see if Reef Savvy can make a 3' wide by 2' deep by 20" tall tank. So in about 20 minutes I talked myself up 4 tank sizes. I could see how over the next 4 years it could get to 500 grin.png .

I got around to setting up the new Tunze 3155, which is so far working great. Hopefully it doesn't fail me as often as the 3152 did. I'll be doing a water change tomorrow to get back to 1.024 salinity and things will be back to normal.

I also got everything I need to start manually dosing some two part, so we'll see how that goes.

It's scary to read of a tunze top off failing like that. I also had trouble with my tunze nano ato.

The pictures you posted last look really good! I'm glad you got your salinity back in line. Lower salinity isn't as bad as a spike so I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's scary to read of a tunze top off failing like that. I also had trouble with my tunze nano ato.

The pictures you posted last look really good! I'm glad you got your salinity back in line. Lower salinity isn't as bad as a spike so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yeah, it was actually the second time it failed on me. Luckily the first time I was right there and stopped it before it was able to dump a lot of water in, and soaking the float in vinegar worked to solve the problem. This time I soaked the float in vinegar again and couldn't get it to actually work after it failed.

Archived