**** Apex Users ****

LonghornReefer

So I just received my Apex "Gold" from bulkreefsupply.com and am super excited to get this thing fully up and running.

I have a question about the ORP probe. Do I really need to use it, I mean isn't the PH probe almost the same thing?

The reason why I'm asking is that if I really don't need it , I could sell it to someone who may use it also be able to open up space for other modules.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks ARC!

Mark

ORP isn't a super useful metric unless you're running ozone. pH and ORP are interrelated, but far from the same thing. pH measures the quantity of hydronium (H3O), ORP measures how oxidative or reductive the water is. pH is a variable that controls ORP.

Functionally, the 2nd pH/ORP probe is probably more useful for CaRx than to measure ORP. Again, with the caveat that I'm assuming you're not running ozone.

Ozone was used alot to raise oxygen levels prior to skimmers being as good as they are now.

It's kind of like that, but not quite. Ozone is O3 which really only serves to break down organics by increasing the ORP. Downside is that it produces some nasty chemicals as byproduct that need to be removed via carbon. It's too risky IMO for what you can achieve with other means.

Ozone was used alot to raise oxygen levels prior to skimmers being as good as they are now.

It's kind of like that, but not quite. Ozone is O3 which really only serves to break down organics by increasing the ORP. Downside is that it produces some nasty chemicals as byproduct that need to be removed via carbon. It's too risky IMO for what you can achieve with other means.

Thanks for clarifying. I've never ran it so I've never done any research on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived