50g Starfire cube

Jimbo662

I chunked the plumbing in the trash and started from scratch. Love the layout of the sump. The channel in the center is perfect for all the rubble I had. So far the skimmer seems to be working well. The stand was much more substantial than I expected. It's just the right height too. You're able to look down into the tank but still have it at a good level for front viewing too.

I chunked the plumbing in the trash and started from scratch. Love the layout of the sump. The channel in the center is perfect for all the rubble I had. So far the skimmer seems to be working well. The stand was much more substantial than I expected. It's just the right height too. You're able to look down into the tank but still have it at a good level for front viewing too.

That's good the stand is sturdy and tall, I'm pretty annoyed by super short stands. One last question, is it possible to cut the black backing off or is it painted on? Thanks! I'm thinking about getting one of these when we buy a house.

Thanks, and yes still love the kessil. I've only got three sps...a small birds nest and can't remember what the others are. From what you can see with the set up now it doesn't look like there's much shadowing going on.

I've found with my kessil that I need to mount single sticks of SPS at an angle, so that at least one side of the stick gets good light. Then I let them encrust and choose for themself where they want to grow new branches. I do get areas of dieback in the shading. It's not optimal

• 6 months later...

Archived