BLM 20K Light Fixture

Anyone here on ARC using a BML 20k light fixture?

If so how do you like it? And are you supplementing with another light at all like an actinic?

I bought a cheapo aquatrader LED when I setup my current tank, and while I have not had any issues with it yet it just doesn't have the light color quality I am looking for.

I beleive the whites are supposedly 12k,and the actinics make everything too blue when on alone.

I was looking into a 20k BML fixture but hoping to hear some feedback from someone who currently uses one before I make the switch.

I don't use one, but I've seen them and the color is awesome, probably the best LED color rendering I've seen. Not too blue but just enough to make everything crisp with pretty much all color spectrum popping. Almost like a cool daylight with actinic fluorescence.

Yeah I'm hoping to see one in person before I buy it if possible. Pictures and videos are a hard way to evaluate it for me.

The fixtures look to be well built. My main concern is with their dimmer controller; several reviews on their website say it is fairly cheap in comparison to their fixtures.

Anyone using one of their dimmers, not the manual one, but the digital one?

What I meant about the actinics on my current light fixture was that I'm not completely satisfied with the appearance the actinics in my current feature provide when on alone, I know they're supposed to be blue. Poorly stated on my part.

I'm gonna hold off on the light until I get an Apex to control it.

• 1 month later...

I'm running them with the BML actinics and I like them so far. It's a new tank and I have no coral at this point so I can't tell you anything about how they would react. They are still a bit on the blue end of things when on their own but look good.

I strongly suggest the apex to dim these things down. I'm pretty sure that they were too intense for my anemones and killed them all off.

unfortunately I had a semi emergency need to make the move and wasn't able to do it properly much to my regret.

• 3 months later...

I moved recently and setup a new tank, added one of these 20k lights and it is awesome. Love the color it gives off. I have mostly lps and softies in the tank right now and they seem to love it, and they look great under it. I am thi,king of adding a second one. I have a 120 now and the calc on their website says I should,be using two of them. I did have a nice nem dissaper, but i cant say the light did that. I think it may have wound up,taking a ride down my overflow when moving around. I am running it full power and nothings seems to be getting burnt out. Very happy with this fixture

Archived