Need help with selection

Manny

OK guys. It is time to start looking for a new return pump. My mag 7 is starting to get really noisy and I feel it is at the end of its life. I will be purchasing a sicce return pump from BRS especially since right now they have them on a black Friday sale. I need help choosing the right one for my aquarium. How many GPH do I need? My tank is 75 gallons and there is about 15-20 gallons of water in the sump. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 500-650 GPH. Is this accurate?

The sicce 3 would be comparable flow to what you currently have. They're adjustable though so you can reduce the flow a bit without an external valve. It would have around 500 gph at full flow with 5ft of pump head.

It doesn't hurt to throttle it either. As long as you don't throttle something crazy like 80% of pump flow, it shouldn't have any effect on the performance or longevity of the pump. You can buy inline ball valves for pvc or for vinyl tubing.

I have a Reeflo Hammerhead Gold I can sell you bud. 5,550 gph, it'll be awesome! Trust me! shifty.gif

You mean the one that has a tendency to squirt the owners in the face until they plug it up with their finger?

I have a Reeflo Hammerhead Gold I can sell you bud. 5,550 gph, it'll be awesome! Trust me! shifty.gif

You mean the one that has a tendency to squirt the owners in the face until they plug it up with their finger?

That's just part of the hazing process before you can be a Reeflo pump owner.

I'm sure that is probably way too much flow for my tank and out of my price range smile.png plus I hate getting wet.

75x hourly turnover is a lot of fun in a reef tank. Gives a whole new meaning to high energy reef.

Archived