Seaworld sleepover

Entropy

I am not sure if any of you have spent the night at Seaworld, but my daughter and I did it last weekend and it was a blast! The price is $100 a head, but IMO it is worth it. You get to go a lot of places that are not allowed when the park is open and we ended up sleeping in the Shark exhibit. Nothing like falling to sleep with sharks swimming in front of you. :)

Oh and we got to hang out with Jack Hanna for a bit as well.

I am not sure if any of you have spent the night at Seaworld, but my daughter and I did it last weekend and it was a blast! The price is $100 a head, but IMO it is worth it. You get to go a lot of places that are not allowed when the park is open and we ended up sleeping in the Shark exhibit. Nothing like falling to sleep with sharks swimming in front of you. :o

What is the main age group there? My daughter is 13, would she be one of the oldest ones there?

a bit on the older side. ive done it with the boy scouts. and i did it when i was a kid. the eldest i remember was a 16 yr old but majority is 13 under.

OK, thanks. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea, then.

The youngest where kindergarten age, and the oldest I would say where early teens (15 tops). The groups are split up by age, so the biggest group was maybe 10-12 kids. Our group was 8 and 4 adults. Check out their website (seaworld.com). They have a bunch of different sleep overs. Ours was with Jack Hanna which I think is only once or twice a year, but they have lots of others year round. We were there from 5:30pm Sat, until 8:30AM Sunday. The park was closed almost the entire time so we were the only people there other than the employees. It was very intimate. Plus you have plent of time to see all the sites with no crowds to bother you. It is kind of weird being in the park with such a small group though. They only noises are the seals and dolphins. :o

The youngest where kindergarten age, and the oldest I would say where early teens (15 tops). The groups are split up by age, so the biggest group was maybe 10-12 kids. Our group was 8 and 4 adults. Check out their website (seaworld.com). They have a bunch of different sleep overs. Ours was with Jack Hanna which I think is only once or twice a year, but they have lots of others year round. We were there from 5:30pm Sat, until 8:30AM Sunday. The park was closed almost the entire time so we were the only people there other than the employees. It was very intimate. Plus you have plent of time to see all the sites with no crowds to bother you. It is kind of weird being in the park with such a small group though. They only noises are the seals and dolphins. :)

it is. it is sooo nice to be in the park looking at the animals without the little kids screaming at the 400 different "nemos" and such.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have no kids but I'd want to do that myself. :doh:

How often do they do this?

I am not sure if any of you have spent the night at Seaworld, but my daughter and I did it last weekend and it was a blast! The price is $100 a head, but IMO it is worth it. You get to go a lot of places that are not allowed when the park is open and we ended up sleeping in the Shark exhibit. Nothing like falling to sleep with sharks swimming in front of you. ;)

Honestly I think they do it once or twice a week. It seems like they have different style events each week so probably several times a week. See the link below. The Jack Hanna specific one is only once or twice a year but it would be pretty awesome otherwise. I think you might have to have a kid though. It says Pre K - 8th grade, but you can always call to make sure (or borrow a kid). To be honest, most of the older kids where by themselves, but most of the little kids had parents along. They have a group event as well so we could in theory have a ARC or MAAST get together. I think they might have done that with MAAST last year or something like that.

http://www.swbg-adventurecamps.com/adventu...pover/index.htm