iPhone Icon

ACampbell

Very nice!!

Yes I did get my hands on the SDK (and a Mac to go with it :D ).

I spent the weekend starting to play around with it moving one of my Palm OS programs over. While I can't say that I made fantastic progress, I did manage to start understanding the basic of displaying images and capturing touches to the screen. I even had the whole flippy-screen animation working :)

I am going to be busy from now till June (and beyond) moving my Palm apps over to the iPhone so I have a bunch ready when everyone can start downloading. I also plan some new ones too.

I gotta get a lot done this summer before our little one comes in the fall :)

-James

You should write some reef keeping related apps. Like a tank parameter log app or maybe emulate some of the reef central calculators? Just a thought.

Good luck with the dev. Look forward to trying stuff out.

Good suggestions. I will have to look into the calculators that are on reef central.

I will probably be putting up a suggestion input page on my web site in the coming months. I have plenty to do with moving my existing stuff over, but am always looking for new ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we have a few people on here with iPhones/iPod Touches.... I really wish there was going to be a way to allow beta testing of programs. But from all that I can tell, the general public is going to have to wait till June to try out apps on their devices.

hey! that is pretty neato torpedo! i think i'll do that for my art site. not that anyone but myself would want it, but still, really neat. once i edit the code and upload the .png image, how do i get it on my iphone home screen? i r confuzed.

edit: nevermind, i figured it out :)

Edited by iflytoohigh

hey! that is pretty neato torpedo! i think i'll do that for my art site. not that anyone but myself would want it, but still, really neat. once i edit the code and upload the .png image, how do i get it on my iphone home screen? i r confuzed.

On your iPhone, in Safari, navigate to your web site. Hit the "+" button at the bottom of the browser and you should get a menu with a button called "Add To Homescreen". Tap this, and you will get a screen to change the name of the site to something shorter (if you need). Your new icon should be shown there.

Note: Your iPhone needs to be running 1.1.4 firmware in order to do this (I think it was in 1.1.3 also).

-James

• 2 months later...
Stop this madness Andrew!! You are going to make me buy an Iphone before the 3G version comes out!

Hope you waited (and are waiting for July 11th) :wacko:

I suspect I will be a-hunting down an AT&T store to try snagging a 3G version.

• 1 month later...
My plan worked! Got my 16g white iphone today! Whoo

Congrats! I went for the black 16 gig (got it last Thursday after waiting in line at the Barton Creek Apple store for 1.5 hours at lunch time). My wife is now using my original iPhone.