Staining and Scoring Concrete

renman303

Does anyone out there know how to stain and score concrete? Especially if you do it for a living? I'm in need of having the carpet and removed from my dining area and the tile from my entry and having these underlying areas stained and scored.

I'll need to do this prior to having the carpenter ( I need one of these too to build the new tank stand ) set up the new tank stand.

We are going to turn the dining room into a reading room for my wife and general fish-watching, relaxation area.

ps: Anyone like to barter? I do own the premier Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant in Wm. Cnty!

www.nonnas.net

Get someone who knows what they are doing. I had mine doing by a 'reputable' company. Its already peeling up a year later. The guy who did it said it was because I abused the floor and saltwater got put on it (as well as other stuff) but in reality, after speaking with 'professionals' the color should never come up. It should be sealed in place. The person that I spoke with about my flooring said that they most likely didnt get the acid up off the floor and put down the sealer too fast. The sealer stuck to the left over acid and as the sealer is peeling up, the color is coming right up with it. Frustrating!

Also, because ours was not a 'fresh' slab of concrete and we had swirly marks from the glue of the concrete and linoleum, they put a light concrete overlay over the top. Worked well.

That being said, its not that hard to do yourself. I think the important part if after doing each step, make sure you clean the area appropriatly as suppose to.

I am going to have to have mine done. A $3500 waste of money! Especially when the cost of doing it is only like $1000 for supplies for my 1200 sp ft area that I had done.

Interesting...I also found out that because my entry way is tiled that removing that my cause permanent marks from the thinset. Now I'm looking at tile again but am not sure what will hold up to the weight of the new tank being about 3000 lbs. I think Aaron had marble put in his entry way in Leander?

Aaron??? :)

Interesting...I also found out that because my entry way is tiled that removing that my cause permanent marks from the thinset. Now I'm looking at tile again but am not sure what will hold up to the weight of the new tank being about 3000 lbs. I think Aaron had marble put in his entry way in Leander?

Aaron??? :)

Just remember that all this weight is not sitting on 1 tile but it's spread out on the size of the frame the tank is on, it will be distributed evenly. Just as long the tiles are laid level, most concrete floors are not perfectly level.

• 2 weeks later...
With the overlay, I payed 2.80 a sq ft to have someone do it. Of course, the company I used was terrible! I hope they are out of business.

Jill

Here is the place that I used and they were real nice and allowed us to bug them. We also did not go with the layover and went with the natural concrete and can see the shoe prints and bucket makes from when they were pouring the concrete. I guess I paid a bit more for mine because I have a compass star in front of the fire place and a boarder around the entire living room and continues into the dinning room and a hallway. We also had the outside of the house done when you walk up the front door. Holland Floors I could try to send some pics if you would like. I have it done in Aug and have not had it waxed since so it could look a little dull until you mop the floor and then it is like wow all over again. The pic of the floor is not my house but of the same design and color that we got too.

post-455-1205432392_thumb.jpg

post-455-1205432488.jpg

Edited by rogerbn

• 1 month later...