any review on current 1/3 chiller?

phamily

Planning to add a chiller for my 75 gal +25sump with 2-250W MH system. Does anyone have any experience with the USA Current 1/3 or 1/4 hp chiller? I have the current 1/15hp on my 24g aquapod. It works great maintaining my tank at 79F but

alittle loud and generates more heat than i would have wanted.

Any other chillers out there that you would recommend? doesn't have to be quite when running (located in my livingrom). Price range no more than $600.

thanks

pham

I have a Prime Chiller (Current) that is 1/3 hp on my 55 gallon. It will easily run up to a 300 gallon. Got it from "Adam" the owner of Partners Pet Center in Round Rock. Paid right at $600 for it. Here is a link to one on Drs Foster and Smith.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=13127

Edited by renman303

ok, I had an idea. I was at homedepot and they have a water machine that cools water for $108.00, so if you had a temerature control valve thats works off or temp/electric couldnt you make a realy cheap chiller. I mean if it cools water to 35-40 degrees and you had a way to control teh temp it should work? RIGHT?

ok, I had an idea. I was at homedepot and they have a water machine that cools water for $108.00, so if you had a temerature control valve thats works off or temp/electric couldnt you make a realy cheap chiller. I mean if it cools water to 35-40 degrees and you had a way to control teh temp it should work? RIGHT?

Well your talking about putting saltwater into a machine build for freshwater. I wouldnt trust it. Do you know what the coils are made out of?