North Austin/Leander need help moving tank

Bmwaaron

Hey guys. I'm going to need some help moving my 90 gallon tank (1/4 full) about 12 feet across the floor. That way I can install the new tile floor and then the new 200 gallon tank.

I think Andrew said he was in so if I could get 2 or 3 more people it should be a snap (maybe a poor choice of words when talking about moving a glass tank).

I will be draining the tank to a couple inches over the sand bed and removing some of the live rock into some tubs to lighten the load then I'm going to pick up some of those heavy furniture disc to slide under the tank and I hope it will glide across the carpet with not problems. At that point I need to put the rock back in the tank and let it support everything for another 2-3 weeks. I can guarantee that there will be some frags because I always breaks tips when moving rocks in and out of the tank so if you wanted something now would be a good time.

Here are some pics of the tank as it sits.

90Reefleftside021008.jpg

Rightsideof90021008.jpg

Thanks.

Aaron

Depending on when, I can probably help out... When are you planning on doing the move?

Hey guys. I'm going to need some help moving my 90 gallon tank (1/4 full) about 12 feet across the floor. That way I can install the new tile floor and then the new 200 gallon tank.

I think Andrew said he was in so if I could get 2 or 3 more people it should be a snap (maybe a poor choice of words when talking about moving a glass tank).

I will be draining the tank to a couple inches over the sand bed and removing some of the live rock into some tubs to lighten the load then I'm going to pick up some of those heavy furniture disc to slide under the tank and I hope it will glide across the carpet with not problems. At that point I need to put the rock back in the tank and let it support everything for another 2-3 weeks. I can guarantee that there will be some frags because I always breaks tips when moving rocks in and out of the tank so if you wanted something now would be a good time.

Here are some pics of the tank as it sits.

90Reefleftside021008.jpg

Rightsideof90021008.jpg

Thanks.

Aaron

I'm going to pick up some of those heavy furniture disc to slide under the tank and I hope it will glide across the carpet with not problems. Aaron

I will have out of state guest in town but, your are welcomed to use my furniture discs. I have some that are round and oblong. You also might need a hand truck to lift the stand and tank to get the discs underneath. I have one that you can use too. JLMK.

Steve can I drop them by your place is Aaron wants to use them?

Dave-

Edited by dapettit

I should be around.

Just let me know time and place.

Im thinking Sunday Feb 17 around 10am. Thanks for the help Tomanero

I will have out of state guest in town but, your are welcomed to use my furniture discs. I have some that are round and oblong. You also might need a hand truck to lift the stand and tank to get the discs underneath. I have one that you can use too. JLMK.

Steve can I drop them by your place is Aaron wants to use them?

Dave-

That would be awsome. I need disc and the hand truck if you can spare them a couple days it would be greatly appricated.

Dude, I live so close, but I'm a pastor and a little busy right then. I would love to help just to see the tank!! Sorry man, please post if you move to another day!

Lee

Thanks for the response Lee, My brother is a Pastor and I know how that scedule works :(

My husband and I can help, if you still need extra hands. We live down the road from you, close to the Leander City Hall. Just let us know.

-Cindy-

If we need more people Ill let you know, Thanks for the offer.

I am in! Unless the northerners have it taken care of.

James you know I always look forward to your visits :)

Since I helped bring in the 200 I feel I have a vested interest in seeing this thing up and running... I'm in

Thanks ckimble.

So it looks like we have

ckimble

starfire

Headless donkey

tomanero

That should be enough to move this thing 12-15 feet. Look forward to seening yall around 10am Sunday.

Thanks, Aaron

Thanks ckimble.

So it looks like we have

ckimble

starfire

Headless donkey

tomanero

That should be enough to move this thing 12-15 feet. Look forward to seening yall around 10am Sunday.

Thanks, Aaron

Do you still need any help? I live in Georgetown, but Sunday morning I'll be down in NW Austin/Round Rock and would be more than happy to help.

- A.J.