Scooter Bleeny diet and shrimp hiding behavior

ann

What's the best food to feed my only fish, a scooter blenny? My tank, 29 gal nano, has some algae but also a lot of algae eaters. I have soft corals, a sea cucumber, a decorator arrow crab, blue legged hermit crabs, snails and one peppermint shrimp. The shrimp hides. Is that typical of most shrimp species available for home aquariums?

And a last question. Where can I get a spagetti worm, the long-tentacled one like you see in the wild? Thanks, Ann

As for the scooter, Many people including myself have had luck with trigger pods. You can buy them at River City. You can also try fish roe from the Asian market. I did this for a while. Once the fish starts eating frozen food just feed it mysis.

Shrimp tend to be more active at night. They are used to being hunted during the day. after a while they should come out more.

My old scooter would eat mysid, brine, and even flake/pellets, but my last attemp wouldn't eat anything by pods and soon starved (well after wiping out my pods). The nice thing is you can experiment since there are no competitors.