scuba

chatfouz

anyone dive?

im training for master certification.

i finally own my own equipment.

i would love to start diving the local waters.

ive been looking for local online clubs.

anyone looking for dive buddy what not?

or in the least know of fun places to dive?

I am certified and have dove in lake Travis several times. It really isn't that interesting. The visibility is usually only about 10'. I keep meaning to dive Devil's Cove toward the end of summer to see what kind of loot I can find but have yet to do it.

I have never been diving in fresh water, but I have done hundreds of dives off the Channel Islands (SoCal). There is a local club for Lake Travis, and I have a friend that dives out there all the time so I will see if I can get a contact for them. I know they dive seasonally because the water temp fluctuates quite a bit.

One of the better local dive locations is Aquarena Springs. You have to take their special course and can only dive when you schedule to do so, but my understanding (never actually done it) is that visibility is wonderful. You can find a lot of info if you just Google Aquarena Springs and diving.

Obviously, while not exactly local, two popular places that are at least in or around Texas are the Flower Gardens off the Texas coast and Balmorreal S.P. The local dive shops all have fairly regular trips to both. We have been planning to do the Flower Gardens trip for quite a while, but are waiting until the kids get a little older since it requires leaving them with friends or family for the weekend (two-day liveaboard is the standard way to dive this area).

One of the better local dive locations is Aquarena Springs. You have to take their special course and can only dive when you schedule to do so, but my understanding (never actually done it) is that visibility is wonderful. You can find a lot of info if you just Google Aquarena Springs and diving.

Obviously, while not exactly local, two popular places that are at least in or around Texas are the Flower Gardens off the Texas coast and Balmorreal S.P. The local dive shops all have fairly regular trips to both. We have been planning to do the Flower Gardens trip for quite a while, but are waiting until the kids get a little older since it requires leaving them with friends or family for the weekend (two-day liveaboard is the standard way to dive this area).

i just got out of the water from aquarena. because it is our school our school classes can dive there and do that course free, or part of our lab fee. it is wonderful. full full full of colorful fish, light vegitation and the hoops and such are fun to practice bouyancy control swimming through. the visibilty is great. ''

thanks yall for the information.