KimP's in-wall room divider build

KimP

• 1 month later...

If I'm not mistaken I believe I saw some leptastreas in there...progress pics??? [emoji75][emoji75][emoji75](They're my favorite coral.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're one of my favorites too!! I have purple and orange right now. I'll see if I can put together some progress shots.

• 1 month later...

It's been ages since I updated. I went ahead and just took some FTS tonight even though the tank's not in the shape I wish it was in. I'll never get pics if I keep waiting for the perfect time! I'm having some corals die off, but then others really start taking off. Strange but I'm trying to roll with it. My DC closed loop pump was out of commission for a couple months probably, and I just got it online again today. I've also had some big alk swings recently I'm getting on top of. Surprisingly it's lps I'm losing and the sps taking off. I'm baffled but maybe the lps just need more flow and the sps not as much as I thought? So now I suppose everything will change again in the coming months now that my pump is working and I've settled into the new groove [emoji12]

a9c104647955e2200c9b78a48d1c70e4.jpg

59b04b2869153c3297bed067ed8249f2.jpg

• Like 2

Looks beautiful Kim! I wonder if your nutrients have gotten too low that your LPS are ticked? SPS would eat that up with low nutrients which might explain their continued growth?

And that would give them the edge needed to grow enough to cause that alk swing, too. This is an interesting theory...I'd buy it. I feel like the alk swing is likely a sign of what's causing the LPS to recede rather than the culprit itself, so any theory pointing to an underlying cause behind them both holds water with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the bump! I don't have anything exciting to post unfortunately. The tank has largely been on autopilot for a while now. Lately I've been having some corals bleaching, which has been frustrating. I've had some trouble keeping up with my ATO this winter, I guess from the house heater running in the cold weather. The tank is flying through fresh water causing salinity swings. I'm hoping to get several new fish soon and restock some coral once I'm sure things are under control in the tank again. I realized a few days ago a lot of my testing kits are expired so I don't know what all my params are. I'll probably just run some water to the dome for testing rather than buy a bunch of new tests, or at least until I cave and buy them.

I'll post pics when I can get some 🙂

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been gathering some color for the tank over the past few weeks (thanks ARC!). It'll be fun watching these grow out. I also took some pictures of coral that have been in there a long time. As expected, I had to set up my doser for alk again a couple days ago. I have plans for a few more additions in the future, so I'll be mapping out my par this week and making sure everything is in a good spot. Here's to a successful refresh of the tank for 2019! Happy New Year ARC!

IMG_20190101_192900.jpg

IMG_20190101_190707~2.jpg

IMG_20190101_190755~2.jpg

IMG_20190101_190939.jpg

IMG_20190101_190903.jpg

IMG_20190101_190835.jpg

IMG_20190101_190818.jpg

IMG_20190101_190810.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...