Announcing the Mar 2014 Meeting

dapettit

Thanks Ty for having us all there. I'm sure it's taken months of planning and cleaning and all we really wanted to do was check out your awesome tank. Can't wait for you to get more frags because we all love to have your hands in your tank so we can have another clumsy Ty 3.0 sale.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all that were able to attend. It had a blast for my first time hosting and since everyone was so well-behaved, I think my wife will give me the thumbs up to hosting again in the future. thumbsup.gif She is sorry she wasn't around much for the meeting, grad school beckoned!

I'd like to thank Dave and Robin for setting up and organizing the meeting, Niko's Reef (Travis and Chris) for taking the time to setup an awesome frag tank, Juiceman and Rchavez for helping run the SPS primer discussion on such short notice (how's an hour prep for you?), Jimbo and Pailines for bringing drinks, Jake for taking the great pictures, Brad and his son Jonathan for the awesome drum circle background music, and I didn't catch who brought the hummus and chips but thank you as well!

I'm sorry I had to cram everyone into that small room but the turnout was much larger than I expected. Had I known, I would have moved the tank to the living room. shifty.gif I'm pretty sure it was the eggrolls and the springsrolls that convinced everyone to come but in my head, it'll be that awesome SPS primer discussion. snack.gif

I got so wound up with the meeting and trying to be a good host that I forgot to give out my free prize for all that attended. My apologies to all but if you guys make it out to the next meeting at KimP's place, I'll gladly bring them there and distribute.

Just wanted to say that the eggrolls, springrolls, and free prizes (that I didn't give out doh.gif ) were my big thank you to the amazing community we have on the Austin Reef Club that I'm proud to be a part of since 2007. Thank you for supporting my obsession/hobby and also a very BIG thank you for supporting my career change.

-Ty

Oh, and next time around, I promise to have a canopy so I won't blind everyone with the halides, to have my stand skinned so you don't have to talk over the sound of splashing water and the return pump, to have my cables organized so Jake doesn't take a picture of my birdsnest of cables and post them on the club doh.gif , stadium seating for all, and to have my full color back on my SPS so you can see nice colored sticks instead of browned-out SPS and STN bye.gif.

Oh, and next time around, I promise to have a canopy so I won't blind everyone with the halides, to have my stand skinned so you don't have to talk over the sound of splashing water and the return pump, to have my cables organized so Jake doesn't take a picture of my birdsnest of cables and post them on the club :doh: , stadium seating for all, and to have my full color back on my SPS so you can see nice colored sticks instead of browned-out SPS and STN :bye:.

And on a Sunday for us Saturday-challenged folks?

I still have some leaves that need to be raked. Please apply via PM for those that are interested. whistle.gif

One fun fact about the meeting. All the breathing in the fish room caused the pH to go from 8.0 to 7.5! I should have programmed my Apex to meter the amount of people in the room as pH got lower and then allowed more people in once the pH was at an acceptable range. If the green bulb above the door turns on, one more person may come in.

Screenshot2014-03-16114033_zpsccbb22e7.p

Hi Ty,

Thanks so much for making me feel very welcome. I don't know many people yet so it was nice to see a friendly face. Love the open aquascape. Can't wait to see it once it gets settled in and colors back up. I definitely want a bigger tank someday. Till next time, happy reeling!

Lara

Thanks for the pic Madsalt! Any excuse to oogle a piece of coral.

Glad everyone had fun and I appreciate those that held their breath and were respectful of my CO2 levels.

Lara, I'm glad you stuck around for the afterparty. Hope you picked up some tidbits of useful information and when you get a chance, start up your build thread so we can all enjoy your journey with you on the tank build. Welcome to the club!

Well it's a two hour drive for me to go so I havent made an effort to go but this seems like it was such a fun time that I would have made it a point to go. Plus, I have been dying to see TY's tank in person.

Archived