New Light AWESOME!!!!

offroadodge

HEAT!!!! well if u wanna try a MH i got one for ya. You are welcome to see what u think about it. Its a 400w single bulb 14k. Looks just like the color of the T5 i just bought. If your interested then call and i will let ya use it. Jeremy (512) 971-1925 Nice tank James

Edited by offroadodge

its weird but it a Solar Lighting Systems. made in the USA. THe box says CATALINA ULTRALIGHTING on the outside. It was only 384.00 shippd 2 me. WOW. The bad thing was that all the bulbs were broke so i bought 8 new geisman bulbs to replace them. THe actinic and 11k bulbs. I am talking with the shipper to replace the bulbs for free, he said that it would be know problm. They kinda messed up on my order so they r willing to do whatever i want to make me happy. But the bulbs were all broken. So instead of waiting for new one to arrive i went and bought new ones 250.00 worth. So u can see that for the price of the fixture and bulbs as long as they get delivered in good condition you have an awesome buy.

That is what I love most about trying to suggest lighting... I like the second picture better. :P The first is too blue for my taste. Congrats on the purchase though! Like I always say it is your eyeballs that matter most when looking at your tank. :D

how long does a t5 bulb last before it starts shifting spectrum and has to be replaced? dont you have to change out a MH blub like every 6 months to a year or something?

Most recommend a year but Sanjay has been saying that it is really over kill. He recommends just lowering the light closer to the water and it can last up to 2 years.

i agree, it is a bit blue, when the shipper sends me the new bulbs to replace the old ones im gonna start adding a bit more white. But i do like the blue hue. The problm now is getting a good full-tank shot, the camera cant adjust to the blue fast enuff to get the tanks color correct. Ive tried an underwater setting and it helped but im gonna play with shutter speed next and c if it helps. I forgot to say that the light also has a row of 8 blue lunar LEDS in the middle of fixture that has a separate plug, and it has a reostat on it so u can turn the intensity of them up or down at night. Like i said youd have to see the tank in person to truly understand. I would recomend this light to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...