Elvis is 20 . . . at least

Timfish

Sadly I have to report the Yellow Tang is dead! ohmy.png And sadder yet, not from natural causes. A family member who was visiting my client decided since everyone would be gone for the weekend it would be best to turn off the AC. Also lost was a several Montipora and Seratopora. Acros survived along with zoas, Xenia and other soft corals.

Oh no :( How frustrating!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's a current video of the Purple Tang.  The Sailfin that has been with it for a few years now has treid to be dominate for a few months now.  The Purple obviously isn't having it and the Sailfin is going to be rehomed after the holidays.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/10/2022 at 7:42 AM, Timfish said:

Happy to say the purple tang is still going strong! :D

Sadly I have to report the death of the 15+ year old Yellow Tang and the 15+ year old Flame Hawk in this video.  Fortunately the Purple Tang is still going strong.  Power was lost for about 4 days during the recent freeze resulting in the loss of most of the animals.  Also lost was brown finger Sinularia which had been in this system since the early 90s (92-94).  The Sinularia foliata (Ofwegen 2008) which had been in this system since '97 was also lost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Purple Tang is going strong at 30+!  :D   Was really worried about it after the ice storm last year.  It had a slight bobbing as it swam for abut a month suggesting a swim bladder problem but it was eating well. 

Purple Tang 1994 20240108_135230 Small .jpg

• Like 1