Tang Compatibility

dapettit

They should be fine, but it depends on the size, the order you put them in, and luck. I personally have never had a yellow that really got along with anything, much less another tang. My powder brown is super peaceful, but I haven't tried another tang and really don't plan too. Do you plan to add them all at once?

They should be fine, but it depends on the size, the order you put them in, and luck. I personally have never had a yellow that really got along with anything, much less another tang. My powder brown is super peaceful, but I haven't tried another tang and really don't plan too. Do you plan to add them all at once?

My yellow will give new fish some "extra attention" for a couple of days, but has always settled down. I have added a Regal and Achilles Tang successfully with my Yellow. In fact the most aggressive the Tang has ever been is when I added my barred rabbitfish (S. Doliatus). The Yellow, Naso, and Achilles are all from different genus, so that should help.

I really wouldn't recommend an Achilles in anything less than an 8' tank. It isn't their size, but their nature that is the problem. My Achilles did not make it much to my displeasure. You can check any board and find the difficulty of keeping an Achilles long term.

I have to agree with Enigma. The Nasos get huge! Many people don't believe it is a problem but watch a video of Melev's tank sometime. His is a 280 and look at how big his Naso is in comparison and how fast it will swim one end to the other.