Critter ID Part II

dapettit

I posted a photo of this critter awhile back. I found another one and after dipping all my zoas I found two more dead in the dip. It was suggested these are zoa critters. What do you think?

TIA,

Dave-

The original photo:

gallery_251_14_394984.jpg

New ones:

med_gallery_251_14_5188.jpg

med_gallery_251_14_27148.jpg

hmm that one looks different from the 1st one. The first one looked interesting because of the white tips it had which make it look like

http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=aeolstep

but I think since you are dipping your zoos and they are falling off its a good bet to say they are the zoo eating kind. Are you zoos disappearing?

I have about 18 different zoas and half are not opening up. Then I saw one of these on the glass. So I started to check out the zoa forums and others had suffered the same problems I have. Dipping was strongly suggested. Needless to say I will now dip all coral no matter where they come from.

Dave-

Dipping is not enough as it will not kill the eggs. You will need to be extremely diligent about looking for and removing eggs. I battled Montipora Eating Nudibranchs with success by removing any eggs I could find and buying a larger Wrasse. I got an Ornate and after that no more Nudis.