ARC Field Trip to the Austin Aquarium 2/17/14

mFrame

Austin Aquarium Field Trip  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As most of you know the Austin Aquarium is now open off of 183 and Lake Creek Plaza. In an effort to promote transparency regarding how the aquarium operates the management has invited ARC members to visit and take a back stage tour of the facility. We've taken them up on this offer and have scheduled this event for Monday February 17th from 7 - 8:30pm.

I know that there has been quite a bit of previous discussion about the Aquarium, so rather than rehash all that let's take the opportunity to go see and judge for ourselves.

This invitation is open to all registered club members and their families (Basic and Premium Members, Sponsors, Professional Members, etc.). That said, please don't abuse the invitation and bring in extended family just to ride the "free admission" train. You may also consider whether or not to bring small children as the underlying purpose is to view the aquarium and their operation beyond what is open to the public. This could be boring for kids, but I do think an honest evaluation of the facility involves seeing how kids and families respond to the displays.

Let's use this thread for questions about the event and to RSVP a head count so they know how many of us to expect. Other content will be moderated accordingly.

Thanks to the management of the Austin Aquarium and to Brian Srock for their efforts to arrange this opportunity.

Jimbo662 - 1
Mitch - 1
sifuentes31 - 1
George Monnat Jr - 1
etannert - 1
glumslum - 1
jamesl - 1
Nwehrman - 1
leakytree - 1
Lara Korn - 1
scubasteve92 - 1
JeeperTy - 1
victoly - 1
Brodie - 1
Dsquared - 1
Bluemoon - 1
Planeden - 2
dapettit - 2
10gReef - 2
dustin blevins - 2
ckyuv - 2
photodude - 2
kkaay - 2
mako - 2
prettyfishy76 - 2
Jason & Amber - 2
(all accounted for)
Mframe - 3
brian.srock - 3
o0zarkawater - 3
Lorie C - 3
Jake - 3
(currently missing 1)
debicod - 4
LokilnLv - 4
bige - 4
chad and belinda - 4
(all accounted for)
*** After-party at River City Aquatics ***
Jake and the gang have invited us over to their store across the street after the tour to share in beverages and a 20% off sale. It'll go until he kicks us out, so don't dally. Wooohoo!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who will be leading the tour from the aquarium?

That I'm not sure of. Our conversations have been with Vince, Shaun, and Alui, they've worked with us to stay open late to allow for us Southies to get there in traffic so I'm not sure who the manager on duty or the tour lead will be but I will ask.

I'm down. Would attend with Wife & Wyatt as well.

I've been surprised with the amount of cars in the parking lot on the weekends, but still amused by the yelp.com reviews.

Wow I just read some of those. They're brutal!

I'm down. Would attend with Wife & Wyatt as well.

I've been surprised with the amount of cars in the parking lot on the weekends, but still amused by the yelp.com reviews.

Wow I just read some of those. They're brutal!

This is part of why we're being invited, to form our own opinions. Let's please keep discussion here focused on the event/tour and RSVP. Thanks.

I would love to go but I'm just a basic member sad.png

This invitation is open to all registered club members and their families (Basic and Premium Members, Sponsors, Professional Members, etc.).

But you should become a member regardless. No reason not to.

Archived