Sunburst monti, blue sunshine paly, lots of other monti, 440 gallon tank

Hydro

Hi everyone, been a long time since I was on the forum. I moved to colorado a year ago and my 440 gallon is still at my office, although it could use more attention it still looks good and the corals are still growing. I've set up a tank in Colorado and am in the process of moving all my of favorite things and plan to sell the rest. To help fund some of this tank move I'm going to sell some frags and colonies over the next month or so.

I've got some of the rarest montipora that I know of and it's been growing strong in my tank for a couple years, called sunburst monti. If you haven't seen it in person it's extremely colorful and seems to be fairly easy to keep. I would frag this monti for $75 for 1/4"-1/2" square. If you google it, mine looks just like it. I paid $125 for 1/4" from Austin Aqua farms years ago, before they lost their colony.

Also have rainbow, sunset, reverse superman, setosa, poker star, superman $25 decent sized frags.

I have large frags of Palau neon nepthea for sale, the good one, for $25

Mohawk zoas, I've got them growing out of control, all you want $1pp

Blue sunshine play, super rare, $20 pp

I'll post more later with some pics. Nothing is cut, if I don't sell any ill just take the colonies whole with me. I'm only in town a few days but will be back in a month when I'll have a fire sale on colonies that I do not plan to take. I have lots of rock that I won't be taking, unfortunately there's mojanos on all of it, it all needs to be dried out to kill them first.

Tank is for sale, if your serious lets talk. Google 440 monster tank and watch part 1 and 2 for details. Corals are much larger but now is infested with mojanos. Corals can be separated from mojanos but rock needs to be dried out and restarted.

Merry Christmas to all my old friends

Sunburst pics

Hi Chad/Belinda! No problem, I got a huge piece of nepthea already separated, it's yours. Maybe we can meet up Saturday?

I have more pics to post, will answer other posts and text momentarily.

post-1255-0-35483400-1388001139_thumb.jp

post-1255-0-49643500-1388001182_thumb.jp

nice u see you post again, its been awhile since we talked. Hope all is well with the family and Merry Christmas

Was thinking about you guys, hope you are doing well. I'm going to call you soon, wanted to see what you wanted for your tank (if anything) before I leave. I wanted to donate a few of my favorite frags to you and Don for insurance in case I lose anything in the move.

We plan on being there for a couple years but we are already planning to move back. I miss Texas, we all do.

What's the price on the tank?

Honestly I'm a little indifferent. I spent nearly $50k in the last few years, big tanks get exponentially more expensive the bigger they get it seems. If I couldn't get $5k for it now, I keep my favorite fish and cut half of a handful of coral colonies, then I think I would just keep it. It would have to be moved by the buyer, I want nothing to do with it. In case you missed it the tank is infested with majanos, breaking the tank down and moving it would make it easier to deal with them. I would suggest drying out almost all the rock and cleaning off the mojanos on the rocks with corals. I dried out all the rock I put in my new tank just to be safe, but I'm also moving rocks with corals there and will just clean them off. They aren't scary, just annoying. They were a tiny problem at first but without me being there with the tank daily to remove them they got out of control.

Make me a reasonable offer and I will consider it.

Eel is spoken for and I'm taking most of the fish with me. I am selling a pair of Ora snowflake clowns and a half a sherman rose bubble tip (I'll cut the nem in half if sold). $200

I paid more than that for the fish alone.

Sure, I'll take a pic when I head back to the office tomorrow and post it. I actually don't have any complete tank pics handy, it's 11' long so I usually just take pics in sections.

Here is a link to an old video that I mentioned above.

Here's my new tank under construction, 300 gallon surge

post-1255-0-37520200-1388015453_thumb.jp

post-1255-0-79954800-1388015517_thumb.jp

For sure man! I'm driving back with some of my corals on Saturday night but flying in a few weeks and taking the fish with me on the plane. I'll probably be here for a week towards the end of January, that's when I'm hoping to shut the tank down completely. Talk to you soon, merry Christmas.

I will have one shot this trip to meet up with people for coral. I'll be at my office from 10:30-1:30 Saturday if anyone can make it out. I will be back in a month or so and we can try again if some people can't make it. The address is 1924 hwy 95 north, bastrop. We are exactly 1/4 mi north of camp swift military base, sometimes google maps will get you lost with the address. Just make sure you are headed close to camp swift and you won't get lost. I've had quite a few people pm me, I've asked it Timfish to come help me frag. So I make sure he's not wasting a trip please let me know if your coming and about what time.

Thanks

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...