Checking skimmer availability

Bpb

Posted this a while back and got a few bites but unfortunately I couldn't get to a point of actually buying. I'm looking for a skimmer. 55 total water volume, unlikely that I'll be upgrading tank size within the next few years. Currently using an eshopps PSK 75. It's the original model with the atman ph1100 pump. Pulls somewhere around 150-200 lph air.

I'm about to start running biopellets and this skimmer has some age to it and is under sized. I'd like to upgrade in the very new future. I've been looking into reef octopus, but they are either too large for my sump (nwb 150), or way out of my price range. Also checking into Skimz (seem popular here but have read some hit/miss reviews, also bordering out of price range), and bubble magus curve series. I hear sca thrown around a lot but they use the same pump I'm currently running if I'm not mistaken so I don't know how much of an upgrade that would be. I do like the price though. Anyway, before I order new I thought I'd check here.

Needs to have a footprint of 11"x8" or less. My sumps skimmer section has a footprint of 12"x9" and I still have a heater and two mj1200 that need to fit in there as well. Also wanting it to have a realistic 100-150 gallon capacity since I'm running bio pellets. Space saver pump mounted underneith is attractive for my sump size. Will pay shipping if needed. Budget I'd like to keep under $200.

Edited by Bpb

Looking for a bit beefier of a skimmer. Tank has become over stocked, starting biopellets, and feeding heavily. Going to order a bubble magus curve 5 in the next few days if I can't find something in the same size range used. Thanks for the reply though!

I've heard those recommended a lot, but don't they use the atman ph1100? That's the same pump on my current skimmer? I'm just skeptical as to if it would perform any better in the sca body than it does in the eshopps body. Just don't feel like I'm getting enough air draw. Getting large bubbles and not many. More like the head you get from a doctor pepper as opposed to the head you get when you pour a fresh beer if that makes any sense

Well nevermind. I did a little more research on them and they use a much larger pump. It is actually a pretty attractive model to get, except I see that it won't even fit in my sump. Oh well. I went ahead and ordered the Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer today. Found a bubble magus NAC6 for sale locally for $125 which is the skimmer the SCA 302 replicates and uses the same ph2500 pump, but this NAC6 was over 2 years old and has the old style mesh wheel impeller which I would want to replace. That would cost another $40 or so, putting a used skimmer in too close of a price range of a brand new cone skimmer. Seemed a no brainer. Hope the Curve 5 fits the bill. Thanks for looking and for your offers and suggestions. This thread can be closed

I'm breaking down my setup and have a 6 month old SRO-XP1000SSS for sale and a BR-70 if you're looking to run BP. Asking $275 firm for skimmer, still have original box, manuals, etc.

Lol we just missed each other. I'd have bought this in a heartbeat. Ordered a new skimmer on marinedepot yesterday, and it's in the mail. Plus. Gonna be a while before I make it to austin again