Best friends?

Elizzy

Saw the oddest thing yesterday – acquired a midas blenny and flame hawkfish on Saturday and put them in my tank together. Yesterday, I came home from work to find them both sitting on top of a powerhead, right next to each other. They were literally touching each other. Watched them for a bit, no signs of aggression whatsoever. So weird! It's possible they've associated my proximity with being fed, but throughout the evening, I would find the blenny sitting right next to the hawkfish on the rocks as well..

Will try to get a picture – though when I tried before and got close, the hawkfish would take off. Any thoughts?

Hawkfish is about 2”, blenny is about 3”.

I've had a few fish of different types form "fish buddies", very cool behavior. I do know that hawks are pretty social, both with people and other fish. My twin flame hawks do everything together.

I've had a few fish of different types form "fish buddies", very cool behavior. I do know that hawks are pretty social, both with people and other fish. My twin flame hawks do everything together.

Do they do the two step?

Patrick

I really like it when our marine world shows us one more page in the big book. In my lagoon tank, I added a brackish fish, Mono Sebae, with an established Yellow Tang. On the same day that he was introduced, he boldly stared down a fish twice his size. When they decided that everything was cool, they each swam off. The stare down lasted a full 60 seconds. I am sorry that I did not look for my camera, but I was mesmerized by the process.

Patrick

Do they do the two step?

Patrick

My favorite is seeing them play a game of Go Fish. :D

poker-fish.jpg

Do they do the two step?

Patrick

My favorite is seeing them play a game of Go Fish. :D

[img=http://www.launchpoker.com/files/images/poker-fish.

Too funny.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

I've recently added a few Mollies to the tank after acclimating them over to increase my poo factor.. Added them in a group of three to protect them for the more "aggressive" saltwater fish.

Yea right!

The dalmation now rules the tank in all matters. He has his (I assume him) little harem he chases all day and night as well as ruling over the clown X3 his size and the Bllue Chromis and an aggressive purple Firefish who has been known to nip orange firefish to death.

All small fish I know, but who says freshwater species can't hang with satwater. My dalmation Spot says so :)

Archived