Kenya tree vs anemone

Mlaw

My green bubble tip has grown and moved such that it is now stinging and brushing against a fairly large kenya tree. The tree has been closed up for about 3 days now.

The tree was a hitchhiker so I'm not particularly attached but I hate to see it suffer. I can't remove the rock it is attached to and can't move the nem's rock either. Thoughts on moving the tree?

Could I just cut it off close to the base and glue it to a new rock?

bulk reef supply has a youtube channel and some videos about fragging various types. some of the softies they rubberband to rocks or even jab a toothpick through the base and rubberband the toothpick to the rock.

I second not using glue. From what I've seen, the glue kills a little bit of the base and leathers tend to close up for quite a while if you do that. I've had luck with rubberbands, but if you put it too tight then it acts like a turnicate. I've had success putting mushrooms, leathers, and various polyps that are free floating into low flow areas with rubble.

I second not using glue. From what I've seen, the glue kills a little bit of the base and leathers tend to close up for quite a while if you do that. I've had luck with rubberbands, but if you put it too tight then it acts like a turnicate. I've had success putting mushrooms, leathers, and various polyps that are free floating into low flow areas with rubble.

thats the best method ime. Use a 2" pvc coupling that way the flow doesnt affect it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

+1, to remove it you can just pull it or just something sharp like a razor to cut it. They're very resilient.

As for attaching it, glue sloughs off of the mucous it will put out. A loose rubberband or a piece of fishnet place over it and some rubble will hold it in place until it attaches, but the best luck I've had is just wedging it into a tight niche.

Archived