pod condos?

Wade

How many folks use pod condos and are they a necessity? I'm thinking of making a some very small ones. I'll keep them in the fuge and transfer one to the DT and hide it behind my rock to sustain some pods for my six line wrasse. I'm also wanting to get a scooter or mandarin and I'm sure the wrasse is currently keeping natural pod levels in the DT fairly low. I suppose I could be wrong, but I hear they scour the rocks for anything that moves. I still see a couple of pods in my filter sock every now and then when I clean it so there must still be a decent population in the DT. Thoughts on the use of the condos?

Anything that puts more live food in display tank is good. In speaking with others that do it, build three condos. In this manner your pod condos are never depleted. In effect, you are establishing a refugium within the display tank.

Patrick

I built the condos, put them in the sump and saw that they were populated. Haven't moved them into the display tank. My pod population doesn't seem to be dwindling in the display so I haven't moved them over.

I purchased a laundry bag which is too big. On a different thread, individuals said that both Target and Dollor Store have gallon size bags. Depending on size of your system, I recommend as small a quart size. In the quart size bag, I would suggest three bags to cycle. One just put in display tank. One just moved into refugium to be reseeded and one mature in refugium to be put into display tank.

Patrick

Archived